Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Music on the Titanic

Sometimes I think we should bring back sackcloth and ashes when we are experiencing dire circumstances.

This way, people will know what the "deer in the headlight" expression on your face means.

It is not easy to face the world when disasters hit; everything is different but you still need to feed the dog.

I remember the day my dad died. My mother was inside the house with people all around her while she was trying to make calls.

While her world had changed forever, my mother felt responsible for others.

In like manner, my siblings and I changed into our barn clothes for our nightly routine but found that someone from the church had already done our chores.

Trudge, trudge, trudge through the day while the ship is going down with pretty music in the background.

No comments: