Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Time of Fedoras


I was born too late in the century. I love looking at pictures from the early 1900's. People came to town dressed to do business. Men were in suits and both women and men wore hats.

I remember my mother wearing a pressed cotton dress to go grocery shopping on Saturdays.

Yesterday when I arrived at work I rode in the elevator with two women who looked like they were on their way to the park. They wore blue jeans - flip flops on one and tennis shoes on the other. We have a dress code and they were totally in violation of it.

I would not wear blue jeans to work. I would not wear blue jeans to church unless it was a work day.

Like making sure your car is clean, I would like to see people who do not appear slovenly, especially in the house of God. Make sure your personal temple exudes respect for yourself and the presence of God.

Bring back the time of fedoras.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous for my God when people professing to be in the service of our Lord and Savior get up on the rostrum with jeans, t-shirts, messy hair, flip flops and hands in their pockets. God help us to know better. We do represent God and we do need His given convictions on our attire. He is very much in the details and leaves very little up to us to mess up even though we try to sloven down His gospel. Truth will prevail and mercy for the souls who keep seeking because we don't want to seem too Godly.